If you have any questions, you may reach us via email
The scholarship recipients will be announced during the award ceremony of the 2023 BULLDOGS ON THE RUN 5K & BARK.
● Section A. Unofficial Transcript
● Section B. Personal Statement
● Section C. Letters of Recommendation 3 No family members
● Section D. Leadership, Community service and academic/campus involvement
● Must be a full-time student-12+ academic hours
● Must have a classification of a junior or senior at SCSU
● Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
● Must submit a personal statement about your academic major and what motivates you to pursue this field of study (limit statement to two pages).
● Must submit 3 letters of recommendation – No recommendation from a family member, and one reference must be written by an academic (preferably a faculty member in the applicant’s academic department)
● Must demonstrate leadership, community service and academic/campus involvement
● Must NOT have previously received a Bulldogs on the Run scholarship
The application and all supporting documents must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee no later than October 20, 2023
Application Period: SEPTEMBER 25 – OCTOBER 20, 2023
The “Bulldogs on the Run Scholarship” is a non-renewal academic based scholarship for juniors and seniors enrolled in the Health Sciences and Biological & Physical Sciences Departments at South Carolina State University. The scholarship was established in 2019 by a group of SCSU alumni to add a new and exciting event to the university’s homecoming activities to support students and promote enjoyment, healthiness, and unity.
The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist two (2) students with a $5,000.00 scholarship in their junior and/or senior year and whose career plans are to pursue: an area of allied health, health education, health promotion, or physical education.
2023 Bulldogs on the Run Scholarship